Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Justice League Unlimited was kinda awesome.

Yeah that's an understatment. Part of the reason I haven't sat down and come up with a regular update schedule for this blog is because of school. The other part is that I have been recently rewatching random episodes of Justice League Unlimited. When I was a kid, I loveeeed Justice League. We got to see characters like Batman and Superman interacting with a bigger world, and I got to meet characters like John Stewart (GL), Flash (Wall West Flash anyway) and the ever awesome Martian Manhunter. Only problem was that they cast Aquaman from the main roster...but that was okay because then he popped up in the show and the whole two parter episode was all like...

"I AM AQUAMAN, AND I HAVE WAYYYY TOO MUCH TO DO, LIKE RULING THE WHOLE OCEAN N S%^& TO FIGHT CRIME!"

So yeah. I've mostly been watching random episodes. And damn, they are good. Shadow of the Hawk is probably my favorite because we get to see Hawkgirl and John Stewart's love triangle getting more attention. Plus we get finally get Hawkman, and even Shadow Thief! ( obscure Hawkman villain, so of course you know I love him.) Great episode, also proves Batman should never interfere with anyone's love life.

My  favorite so far was Grudge Match. People complain not enough female heroes get the limelight. The plot revolves around female heroes being kidnapped and force to fight in an underground sketchy cage match arena. And it's pretty much just female superheroes laying an unholy smack down on each other and then their captors. A lot of DC heroiens get spotligthed here, my two favorites being Huntress and Black Canary. Huntress really steals the show. I love her aggresive but playful attitude and her banter with Black Canary. Definatly a great episode.

It's been a lot of fun. Especially catching all the references put in for long time comic readers. Man I love this show. I can't understand why younger me didn't watch JLU more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment